Principal Chip Architect
MICLEDI is a fabless developer of MicroLED displays for the Augmented Reality (AR) market. Part of the process technology and prototyping is developed in collaboration with IMEC and will eventually be transferred to an industrial foundry partner for mass production. Our technology is based on an innovative combination of III/V materials processing, 3D integration and 300mm Si based processing combined with a proprietary ASIC to provide a self contained, compact monolithic AR display.
We are now looking for an ASIC Architect to technical lead our ASIC activities in Leuven (Belgium).
The main responsibilities of the ASIC Architect will be:
- Work in close collaboration with CTO & Sales to define the features and metrics of the ASIC;
- ASIC technology definition and selection;
- Generate an ASIC architecture - for a compact high transistor count IC in deep submicron 300mm – by analysis of the AR display system requirements;
- Generation of engineering plan including feasibility, requirement analysis, risk analysis and execution plan;
- Verification of concepts and methods by means of system and behavioural simulations;
- Technical leadership of IC related product development through the support of mixed-signal design engineers;
- Interdisciplinary coordination and corporation with internal departments especially during product development;
- Creation and patenting of new IP.
- Degree in EE or Physics. Specializing in microelectronics or microsystems technology is an advantage;
- More than 15 years’ experience in mixed-signal design;
- More than 8 years’ of it in system design for integrated circuits;
- Experience with embedded systems (HW/IC/FW/SW) – experience in system and behavioural modelling;
- Expertise with relevant CAD tools;
- Profound technical knowledge and passion for high performance video and AR systems;
- Assertive and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Team player and keen to taking over technical leadership in the field of Augmented Reality;
- Excellent communication skills to interact with project teams and external customers;
- Communication skills and proficiency in English.