Semiconductor Process Development and Integration Engineer
MICLEDI is a fabless developer of MicroLED displays for the Augmented Reality (AR) market. Part of the process technology and prototyping is developed in collaboration with IMEC and will eventually be transferred to an industrial foundry partner for mass production. Our technology is based on an innovative combination of III/V materials processing, 3D integration and 300mm Si based processing combined with a proprietary ASIC to provide a self contained, compact monolithic AR display.
We are now looking for a process development and process integration engineer to strengthen our activities in Leuven (Belgium).
The main responsibilities of the process development and integration engineer will be:
- Support process development and process integration activities with our development partners and suppliers;
- Be the technical leader for the technology transfer from the development lab to our industrial production foundries;
This role includes:
- Collaborating with IMEC process and integration teams to develop and optimize the integration flow including building a detailed understanding of the process and metrology tool requirements;
- Responsibility for developing and introducing new concepts, new materials and new integration approaches and successfully introduce them in a 300mm Si processing environment;
- Work with the MICLEDI device engineers to investigate and optimize the impact of the process integration on the electrical/optical device performance;
- Work with the MICLEDI design team to improve mask set specifications, support device scaling activities, implement other device improvements and test the performance in short loop experiments or prototypes;
- Ultimately, you will be responsible for transferring the developed technologies and process flows to our foundry partner and work with them through the entire product life cycle.
- PhD or master in Science or engineering with a minimum 5 years of relevant industrial experience in semiconductor manufacturing context or a related discipline;
- In depth process understanding of and experience with a wide variety of Silicon process technologies such as lithography, etch, deposition (PECVD, ALD, PVD), CMP, metallization, etc., including related metrology technologies;
- Good knowledge of statistical process control, design of experiments and data analysis;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in cross functional and geographically dispersed teams, thriving in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with MOCVD processing of III/V materials, or manufacturing based on III/V materials (eg LED, power etc.) is a plus.