MICLEDI Microdisplays is a leading fabless semiconductor design and technology company developing unique, high-performance microLED displays in a 300mm CMOS manufacturing platform.
MICLEDI’s solution is uniquely positioned to address the demanding technical needs of future augmented reality (AR) glasses, such as display size, resolution, brightness, image quality, power consumption and cost.
To enable optimum microdisplays for AR, MICLEDI has developed a world’s first solution for microLED manufacturing integrating both controller ASIC and emitter module on 300mm wafers in a highly efficient, high volume, and low cost manufacturing flow.
Customized solutions can be tailored to the particular requirements of each AR glass application in the ASIC controller making the Company’s approach applicable to a wide variety of specialized AR glass solution configurations.
Uniqueness of MICLEDI’s proprietary approach
- MICLEDI’s proprietary approach enables a self-contained monolithic microLED display module in the industry's most compact form-factor, including an integrated ASIC with innovative PWM display driving and full chromaticity correction designed in a sub-40nm CMOS process node
- FHD RGB arrays with 3.0um pixel pitch and up to 10,000,000nit luminance, with a pixel-level beam shaping for waveguide integration
- All-in module power consumption below 1.0W in standard AR usage scenario
300mm microLED manufacturing:
- Defect-free, CMOS-foundry compatible, RGB epitaxial materials on 300mm wafers via a reconstitution process, co-integrated with advanced node CMOS via W2W hybrid bonding
- microLED technology tailored for industry-standard tooling and process steps available for volume manufacturing at foundry partners
- Close collaboration with imec using imec’s 300mm pilot line and its depth of expertise in 3D heterogenous integration